Advertisements

Setting up GSLB on Netscaler

I found this video on how to set up  GSLB on the NetScalers while I was working on an implementation.  I will be posting a complete GSLB solution for XenApp/XenDesktop for an AGEE configuration in the near future.

Good guide if you are a first timer or even if you are looking to get additional tips.

Advertisements

About CyberRuiz
Highly motivated with over 12 years experience on Citrix/VMWare/Microsoft/technologies. Exceptional communication skills and team player. CCIA – Citrix Certified Integration Architect. CCEA – Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator. VCP – VMWare Certified Professional in ESX 2.x, VI3, VI4 MCSE – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

11 Responses to Setting up GSLB on Netscaler

1. Clinton Dunn says:

HI Daniel. I was wondering if you have posted the complete GSLB solution for XenApp/XenDesktop for an AGEE configuration in the near future. I would be interested in this. Thanks

Clinton.

• CyberRuiz says:

Clinton,
      Funny you mention this, I am planning on writing an article on a set up this week as I am currently working on a GSLB project. If I don’t get to the clean version of the doc this week, I will more than happy to send you a word doc with all the screenshots of the config.

Thanks for writing on my blog

Cheers
      Daniel

• Clinton Dunn says:

Thanks Daniel that would be great. I am hoping to get a synopsis of our issue for you.

Thanks

Clinton.

• Rene Lopez says:

Can I get a copy of your gslb solution as well? I need to do this configuration too. Thanks.

• Thomas says:

I would also love to see this document you have. Can you send it my way as well?

2. Clinton Dunn says:

1. If we have a short TTL (a minute or so) set on the GSLB address for the access gateway and a user is logged in through the access gateway to StoreFront, we were finding that the DNS record would change after a minute and the user would start being directed to the other access gateway. That access gateway would then not know about the connection and the client gives a socket error.

2. If we have a long TTL (24 hours) set on the GSLB address for the access gateway, if one of the access gateways fails and the user has already cached the address, the users client continued to direct the user to the failed access gateway until the TTL expired.

Any idea’s?

3. myvettezooms says:

Can I get a copy of your GSLB configuration document as well? Thanks.

4. DP says:

Daniel,

If you are still monitoring this thread, could I please get a copy of the aforementioned document? I’m currently working on a GSLB/CAG implementation myself and would like to make sure I’m on the right track.

5. Adam Smith says:

Hello Daniel,
    This is interesting.. i need the copy of this GSBL. configuration document. Can u please send it to me, it will be really useful for me